Vastly improved overseas, at-sea and army birth and marriage records search
15 March 2011
We have drastically improved your experience of searching our overseas, at-sea and armed forces birth and marriage records.
We've given these records the same treatment as our England and Wales birth and marriage records, so finding your ancestors will now be much quicker and simpler.
When you search these records, your results will be in a list of individual names. Previously, your results showed a list of pages and the first and last names that appeared on each page. Now when you search, you should be able to spot your ancestors in the list straight away. We do always advise that you check the original image before ordering any certificates, however, to ensure that all the details are correct.
Included in this fantastic new search are the following records click each link to find out more information and to search the records:
- British overseas births 1818-2005
- Births at sea 1854-1887
- British armed forces births 1761-2005
- British overseas marriages 1818-2005
- Marriages at sea 1854-1908
- British armed forces marriages 1796-2005
As well as being able to easily find your ancestors in a list of individual names, here are some of the other ways that the new search features will benefit you:
- You can now search for your ancestors who were born or married overseas across all years at once, rather than having to perform two separate searches for both date ranges
- MarriageFinderTM will match up your ancestors marriages so you don't have to find out more about MarriageFinderTM
- You can now perform a more detailed search. We've added extra searchable fields, such as region and mother's maiden name, to make narrowing down your results much easier
This marks the latest stage in our project to make your birth, marriage and death records search as easy as possible. Our fully name indexed death records are coming soon and will make our birth, marriage and death records collection the easiest to search anywhere online.Search these records now