Delve into thousands of new British parish records this Findmypast Friday.
Another Findmypast Friday, another fresh batch of family history records and newspaper pages for you to enjoy. Take a look at what's new below.
We’ve added thousands of new records to this collection. Will you unlock a new family connection?
The latest additions cover the parishes of:
- Ealing from 1802-1812
- Harrow from 1841-1876
- Hayes from 1557-1812
- Hillingdon from 1559-1876
Baptism records are some of the most important resources for every family tree. They reveal essential details like addresses, baptism and birth dates and parents' names.
Privacy rules have allowed us to expand this Welsh collection with baptisms from 1921 and marriages from 1936.
"Genealogy is kind of in the blood of Wales....You are connected to some of the earliest genealogists in the mainstream. That's something to be proud of."— Sam Williams (@sosonkyrie) March 2, 2021
Loving this lesson on @findmypast on #Welsh #familyhistory! #DyddGŵylDewiHapushttps://t.co/FnXO0kHskR
3 top tips for exploring parish records on Findmypast
- Visit our list of all record sets to see what’s available for your county
- Browse the collections page-by-page to ensure you haven’t missed anything
- Narrow your search results by adding more detail – a year, location or another name
In case you missed the news, we’ve renewed our partnership with the British Library, so you can expect millions more historical newspaper pages to be published online in the coming years.
Hot off the press this week are:
- Kirriemuir Observer and General Advertiser covering 1884-1885 and 1915-1949
- London and China Express covering 1858-1861, 1863-1905, 1907-1919 and 1923-1931
- Saturday Inverness Advertiser covering 1860-1879 and 1881-1882
- Teviotdale Record and Jedburgh Advertiser covering 1855-1872, 1874-1878, 1881 and 1885-1910
- Weekly Free Press and Aberdeen Herald covering 1879-1881, 1883-1884, 1887-1888, 1890 and 1892
And we've added thousands more pages to these papers:
- Blackpool Gazette & Herald from 1894
- Glasgow Weekly Mail covering 1869
- Halifax Comet from 1896-1897
- Liverpool Standard and General Commercial Advertiser from 1837
- Northern Daily Times from 1855
- Sun (London) from 1843
- Weekly Journal (Hartlepool) from 1905-1906 and 1909
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser from 1965-1982