15 million travel records and brand new Private Messaging
We're stepping into September with two major new arrivals: passenger lists and Private Messaging.
Discover globetrotting relatives in brand new passenger lists and make new connections with our latest feature - Private Messaging. Here's what's new this Findmypast Friday.
We’ve added 15 million records to this colossal collection. Covering California, New York and Texas, they can reveal your relatives’ migration stories. Five new collections from the National Archives and Records Administration have been added to the record set:
- Alien Arrivals at Eagle Pass, Texas, 1905-1953
- Texas, Alien Arrivals by Airplane, 1944-1952
- California, San Diego Passenger Lists, 1904-1952
- California, San Diego Airplane Arrivals, 1929-1954
- New York City, Book Indexes to Passenger Lists, 1906-1942
Our clever search tools allow you to filter by collection to focus your search on the area you're interested in.
This entire collection now stands at 118 million records and is essential for uncovering details of your ancestors' journeys stateside. To see exactly what's available and the timeframes covered, check the list of sources.
An exciting new way to make connections is now live. With Private Messaging, you can contact other Findmypast members via tree-to-tree hints and start a conversation about your shared past.
To initiate contact with someone through Private Messaging, you need to be on a Starter, Plus or Pro subscription or free trial on findmypast.co.uk.
It's a way to reach out to fellow Findmypast members and talk family trees. Who knows, you may even make connections with new relatives?
Six new papers from England, Ireland and Belize have joined the site. Plus, nine more have grown with additional pages. Brand new to the collection are:
- Clare Advertiser and Kilrush Gazette covering 1869-1876 and 1878-1887
- Dundalk Herald covering 1868-1881, 1883-1886 and 1888-1896
- Uttoxeter Advertiser and Ashbourne Times covering 1896-1909 and 1911
- Colonial Guardian (Belize) covering 1882-1897
- Bradford Review covering 1858-1870
- Stratford Times and South Essex Gazette covering 1876-1882
While we've added more pages to:
- Fleetwood Chronicle from 1877, 1902, 1906-1924, 1926-1947 and 1949-1955
- Bradford Observer from 1936-1953
- Cork Daily Herald from 1895-1896
- Eastbourne Chronicle from 1908-1909, 1913, 1915-1916 and 1926-1931
- Boston Guardian from 1953-1958
- Glamorgan Gazette from 1913, 1915, 1917-1918, 1920-1924, 1927 and 1930
- Carmarthen Journal from 1845, 1848, 1850-1851, 1854-1855, 1859, 1877-1878 and 1894
- Waterford News Letter from 1879-1889, 1891-1893 and 1895-1916
- Caernarvon & Denbigh Herald from 1873 and 1885
Findmypast Fridays live
Fridays Live August 4th
Join Alex at 4pm BST for this week's live Friday broadcast. Today we will be taking a look at passenger lists and what they can reveal, the 80th anniversary of The Blitz and what life was like for those who lived through it. QUESTION OF THE WEEK: has your family passed down any stories/memories of life on the home front?Posted by Findmypast on Friday, September 4, 2020
Where will your past take you this weekend? Whatever your research reveals, we hope our latest records, newspapers and features help along the way. Use #FindmypastFeatured on social media to share your discoveries.