- Select the Record transcript or Record image that you wish to purchase by clicking on the relevant icon to the right of the search results listing. By hovering over the icon first you can preview the record before purchasing, this can help confirm it's the record you are looking for.
- When a record has been selected a sidebar will appear on the screen providing detailed information and the price of the record you are purchasing.
- You can now select your payment method from Credit or debit card or PayPal. This may have your preferred payment method information stored from a previous purchase - you can change this using the "Update" button.
- Click "Checkout securely" to proceed and make your purchase.
- Finally, a purchase confirmation screen will be shown; detailing your purchase, the price paid, your payment method and the invoice reference number. This is also sent to your registered email address, and can be viewed within Invoices in Manage my subscription within your account settings.
To view the record you have purchased - use the "Go to record" button at the bottom of the purchase confirmation screen or visit My Records
Useful Tips for purchasing 1921 Census records:
- Understand the difference between a record transcript and an original record image.
- After your first 1921 Census purchase, your details will be saved as your preferred payment method for future purchases, making it quicker and easier to continue to explore the 1921 Census. This can be edited during checkout or by visiting Manage my subscription within your account settings.
- 12-month Pro subscribers will receive a 10% discount on any 1921 Census purchases. You will need to be signed into the account which holds this subscription and the discount will be automatically applied during checkout.
Updating your stored Payment Method
Proceed as above to Step 3, then select Update, shown next to your stored details, to enter new Payment information. Once you return to the payment window select "Checkout securely" to proceed and make your purchase.
Your payment information is secure
We use Recurly and Worldpay, fully PCI DSS-compliant payment providers, to process payment transactions. WorldPay stores and manages the personal data needed to process the card payment – not Findmypast – and as the data controller, it is responsible for how that data is used. You can find Worldpay’s privacy notice here.