These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. The Promoter: Findmypast, 185 Fleet Street, London, England, EC4A 2HS (registered in England and Wales, registered company number 4369607)
2. Eligibility: This clause 2 applies to all entrants. This prize promotion is open to individuals aged 18 years or over, except:
(a) employees of The Promoter or its group companies;
(b) employees of associated agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its group companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration’ or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above...
3. Entry Instructions: In order to enter, you need to opt-in to receive email communications from Findmypast when you register your account or within 15 days of registering. Click on the link to “upload your family tree” in the email “Upload your family tree in minutes”. When the Findmypast website opens in your browser, upload a Gedcom file (Import a tree) to your account on findmypast.co.uk and you will be automatically entered in the prize draw. You will not be entered if you upload a GEDCOM without clicking on the link in the email. Anyone wishing to opt-out of the giveaway should email their request to email@example.com within the same calendar month as they upload their tree.
4. Entrants may make only one entry to the giveaway. All additional entries will be disqualified.
5. Any entries that the Promoter considers (in our absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal, racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified.
6. No third-party or bulk entries. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple email accounts, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
7. Incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatsoever reason.
8. Prize Fund: There is 1 prize available each calendar month. One prize per person. The prize is a 12 Month Pro subscription to findmypast.co.uk. If the winner has a current subscription to findmypast.co.uk, the prize will either be added on to the end of their existing subscription or started immediately and the rest of their existing subscription refunded. The winner will be able to choose which option they want when Findmypast Customer Service contacts them to let them know they’ve won.
9. Winner Selection: The Promoter will randomly select the winners from eligible entries by use of a random number generator. The prize draw will take place on the first non-bank holiday Friday of the month, drawn from entries from the previous calendar month.
10. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted by Findmypast Customer Service via email within 28 days of the date of the prize draw.
11. General: Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
12. Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winner. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
15. Winners consent to their being used in publicity, in the form of publication of their surname & county on our website or social media pages, without any fee being payable. If you do not wish for your personal information to be used in this way, please contact the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. The surname and county of the winner can be obtained by sending an email, 28 days after the prize promotion closing date, to email@example.com. If you object to any or all of your surname & county being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the name and address of winners to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
18. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor Supplier accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting a prize. The Promoter and Supplier further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this Promotion save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter and Supplier’s liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
19. If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
20. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which are beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes. The Promoter, the Supplier or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies.
22. Where a prize is provided by a Supplier, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of any prize description, and The Supplier is responsible for prize fulfilment.
23. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
24. The Promoter and the Supplier reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment. In the event that Findmypast cancels, amends, withdraws, terminates or temporarily suspends this promotion, Findmypast will honour the entries for that month’s draw, subject to these terms and conditions.
25. The decisions of the Promoter are final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English