Findmypast may contact you with details about exciting new features, new record releases, helpful tips and your tree hints. You can update your communication preferences at any time under the MyAccount section. If you are using the Findmypast App, you can update your preferences in your mobile notifications centre.
Communication typesService messages
We send service emails to you to administer the service. Service emails include registration and payment confirmations and emails that provide useful information about how to use a service or feature when you sign up or start using it. We will also send you a service email if we make a fundamental change to the website, or to our terms & conditions that we think we need to make you aware of, or to let you know important information about your account.Marketing messages
We use your email address to update you on new products, services and subscription offers. We will only contact you with your consent. You are entitled to withhold this consent and refrain from receiving such communications by selecting the appropriate option on the web form that collects your details. You can also update these options at any time by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences, by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling +44 (0)20 3326 6300 [UK, IE, AU] / +1 (855) 246-8234 [US] or by post to Findmypast, 185 Fleet Street, London, England, EC4A 2HS. We will always provide you with a way of opting out of receiving future marketing messages from us each time we send them to you.Findmypast features
As part of the Findmypast service we will reach out to you with messages to enhance your experience on Findmypast. While you are building your family tree, we will offer you tree matches or hints. We will also let you know when you have discovered records or newspapers relevant to your searches. And we will inform you about our regular record releases and provide you with guides and tips for using Findmypast. You can opt-out of these messages through the preference centre. When you register with Findmypast you are opted into the following messages:
- Hints - help your family tree grow faster by presenting you with potential matches from our records.
- Tree matches - when we think someone's family tree has ancestors of yours in it, we will notify you
- "Related Records & newspaper articles" - after you view a record on Findmypast, we'll suggest other records to you that may also be relevant. These may be useful additions to your family tree.
- Private messages - emails will notify you when someone has sent you a direct message regarding your family tree.
- Guides & tips - these are tips and guides to help you get the most from your Findmypast subscription
- Error correction emails - if you find an error in one of our transcripts, we will confirm we've received your error correction